About the Journal
Journal of Tourism and Services
Journal of Tourism and Services, established in September 2010, is an international reviewed scientific research journal, published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- Juraj Dobrila University of Pula, Faculty of Economics and Tourism, Croatia
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Szent István University, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, Hungary
- Pan-European University, Faculty of Business, Prague, Czech Republic
- Pan-European University, Faculty of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Debrecen Faculty of Economics and Business, Hungary
- University of Zilina, Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, Slovakia
The journal publishes high-quality scientific papers and essays with a focus on tourism and service industry development. Together with the scientific part and in order to promote the exchange of current and innovative ideas and stimulating debate, the Journal also includes Reviews of Existing Work or Short Essays, Research Notes, and Research and Industry sections to address important topics and advance theoretical knowledge or thinking about key areas of tourism and services and to allow researchers to present initial findings and reflections or problems concerning fieldwork and research in general.
All papers are published only in the English language.
The Journal is intended for international professionals, academics, and students not only for reading but also as a space for publication and source of information for work.
Publication Ethics & Publication Malpractice Statement
- The Journal is published twice a year.
- Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP
- Spálená 14,
- 110 00 Prague
- Czech Republic
- All issues starting from Vol 8 No 15 (2017) are available in the Archives section.
- Archive issues published on the previous journal platform are available here.
- Journal of Tourism and Services is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- Journal of Tourism and Services is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Abstracting and indexing
The Journal of Tourism and Services is indexed in the following scientific databases:
- Web of Science database (Clarivate Analytics)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)
- Category HOSPITALITY, LEISURE, SPORT & TOURISM
- Journal Citation Indicator (JCI 2021) - 1.64.
- Rank by the Web of Science Journal Citation Indicator (JCI 2021) - 16/131, Q1
- Article influence score (AIS 2021) - 0,524, AIS quartile: Q1
- h-index: 15
- SCOPUS (from 2019)
- Category: Business, Management and Accounting: Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality Management
- CiteScore 2021: 6.3
- CiteScore rank 2021: #23/137 (Q1)
- CiteScoreTracker 2022: 8.1
- SJR 2022: 0.76 (Q2)
- h-index: 15
- Cabells' Journalytics
- ANVUR, Economics and Statistics (Area 13) - Classificazione delle riviste ai fini dell’Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale, Area 13 – Riviste Scientifiche
- EBSCO database called Hospitality & Tourism Complete.
- Google Scholar
- ERIH PLUS
The Journal of Tourism & Services is included in the database of the Research Development and Innovation Council, advisory body to the Government of the Czech Republic called "Seznam recenzovaných neimpaktovaných periodik vydávaných v České Republice”